The cold weather is starting to creep into the south and that means scarf season. The Sewing Loft has a great round up of over 100 easy to make scarf patterns to help keep you warm this season. Be sure to pick out a few favorites and update your closet today.
Next time you’re cleaning out closets, grab a few old sweaters and turn them into adorable little girl leggings with this easy tutorial from It’s Always Autumn.
Sweater leggings are cozy and adorable, AND a great way to give new life to a sweater you never wear anymore! Here’s the before and after:
With the holidays coming fast and furious, I hope that many of you have checked off those on your list. I believe that the gifting experience starts at first glance. That means, the wrapping counts.
Here are a few of my favorite gift wrapping ideas.
- Use printable paper to make a statement with your gift.
- Create a theme under your tree with fabric and twine.
- Use leftover pieces of fleece to create this bow with your rotary cutter.
- Reclaim a sweater for a cozy gift of comfort.
- Keep little ones in line with these “Don’t Open Until” bags.
- Give a hint of whats inside with vintage pattern ribbon.
- Have a small item to wrap – consider a small drawstring bag.
- Don’t forget to add a special tag to your gift.
Make sure your handmade gift looks amazing from the get go with these easy gift wrapping ideas.
Store-bought, ready to wear shorts can be a chore to shop for so why not sew your own shorts? Shorts are a fun, quick project that require a small amount of fabric. Check out these well drafted, PDF womens shorts patterns that can be downloaded in a jiffy. Plus, we all know that sewing our own guarantees us a better fit.
Do you put off sewing for the little boy in your life because you don’t know where to start? Do you think boy sewing isn’t as much fun as sewing for your little girl? Check out this list of sewing patterns that will change your mind and start you on the the path of sewing for boys!