Can’t find the fabric you want ANYWHERE? You can design your own! Here are a bunch of fantastic tutorials for filling the void yourself, based on how you want to go about making it. Digital prints, hand printing, hand painting and dye are all options for getting exactly what you want in a design. You can also save a bundle on by choosing an inexpensive base fabric and customizing yourself. The sky’s the limit!
Check out these resources with step-by-step tutorials:
- Print your own fabric with a digital design via Spoonflower – useful for both fabric and for labels and especially easy if you decide you want to create a LOT of it or tweak a design
- Create your own design withyour own custom block prints
- Use pre-made blocks and tape to make a striped print
- You can also block print with bleach by creating your own stamp pad and stamping a darker fabric
- You can dye fabric with ice for fantastic results
- Or tie dye with the Shibori method to get a more geometric effect
- Paint your own material with a watercolor effect
- Use a combination of paint and markers to create your fabric, especially fun for a collaborative project
Have you found other tips and tutorials that helped you? We’d love to hear about them in the comments!